Friday, April 20, 2007

Make Sure to Squint at the Print

Just doing my usual virtual cruise around the internets, seeing what is going on in the gaming news and all, and found THIS unfortunate article. Yes, I know it has the usual mumbo jumbo in the fine print, but isn't that a bit of a shady practice to do to your customers? I guess it was only a matter of time before chain stores went the way of the used car salesman/ credit card mogul. Truly sad, but a lesson in life it seems.

If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time that Circuit City has dealt the cards under the table, so to speak. Kind of breaks my heart, since I try my best to look at them with a positive attitude for the most part. I usually reserve the barbs for that unnamed video game specialty store, but it seems that CC is starting to slide further down the dark path. It's a shame, really. I have nothing but good things to say about the local Circuit City store. Pleasant staff, reasonable prices on games, and a halfway decent selection of goods.

But enough about that. The moral of the story kids, is make sure to do a little research (that means read carefully) before falling for those too good to be true offers that dangle in front of you. That, and a little common sense will save you a world of disappointment.

As much as we would all love to trust the one's that peddle the goods we so adore, a little caution is in order.

No comments: